Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Claire Annie's First Day of School

Today Claire started her first day of Preschool at Mt. Carmel. Her best friend Makenna is in her class with her. She was very excited and willing to go. Once we arrived at school I showed her around the room and where to put her things.

Claire was excited the toilets were tiny and the sink she could reach. She was able to recognize her name (thank god) and placed her card on the board. She gave me a big hug and kiss and waved good bye..




I on the other hand can not believe she is gone. She is such a big girl now!! Driving back home from dropping her off was very quiet. My chatter box was not singing in the back of the car!
Walking into the house was amazing, it was quiet and I couldn't believe no one else was here. This is a first for me! With doing daycare for six years and the rushing around to get the kids off to school and out of the house in the morning so I could get ready for my work day. WOW what a change!!
I have several things planned for myself on the days Claire goes to school. I will be helping out in the boy's classrooms, I joined the PTO, grocery shop during the day (Yeah) and hope to get caught up on my Creative Memory. I'm sure more things will come my way as the school year gets under way.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

My first day (Wednesday) with no kids I treated myself to a pedicure and a shopping trip! It was awesome! First time in almost 8 years.